HOME FOR HOMELESS
One of the basic needs of man is shelter. PMSSS has duly taken note of it and evolved a scheme in 1990 providing home for the Homeless. This program was later registered as a people’s organization in 1994 with a new name “Thirukudumba Housing Development Society.(THDS)
- Build low cost houses for the homeless
- Provide low cost house technology
- Educate people on health and hygiene
- Inculcate the habit of saving in the minds of the rural people
- Enable them to construct their own houses in the long run by their own savings
- Facilitate the poor farmers to get housing loan benefits from the Government and Banks.
- So far, PMSSS and THDS have constructed 284 houses for the agricultural labourers. The THDS has 320 members under its fold.